Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jordy

Hi friends.

I've been writing about other people for so long- imaginary people, granted, but ones that lead remarkably demanding lives- that I find I'm at a loss as to how to describe myself. But I'll give this my best shot.

I'm the love child of amino acids and honeyed tea, kept alive on divine hope and repressed romance. Most of my favorite people are dead, but the live ones I dote on with enthusiasm. So much, in fact, that the characters of my biggest project find their muses in some friends I had 5 years ago.

I'm hard-pressed to let any of my passions go. I made Charlotte Bronte my Muhammad when I was twelve, and she's stayed that way ever since. I heard my first Bizet aria when I was nine. Now I cloister myself in the university practice rooms, merely to warble for a precious five minutes between classes. I've been a slave of literature and writing for as long as my happily biased memory allows. But that is, of course, a love that doesn't require a tendency to enthusiasm, even one as easily provoked as mine. That love takes only a taste of true storytelling, which commands a life-binding magic of its own. I hope to capture just a bit of that magic, bottling it up my bedside to keep me company on chilly nights, for now, but some day letting it loose, a hard-bound friend to people I'll never meet.

And you know. Some money would be nice.

I love you all. So for goodness sake, do let's get started.

~ J

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordan! Great to have you onboard! :D I'm excited to see how the group develops from here. Please feel free to invite more of the Newburg people who might be interested in joining. The more the merrier! :D

    ReplyDelete